Nathan Hellwig Wiki:Resume:Nathan Hellwig
nathan -at- nzh.name
A career in engineering combining both hardware and software disciplines.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, NM
Career Enrichment Center Albuquerque Public School System, Albuquerque, NM Courses:
- Computer Science I & II, covering C++ programming
- Robotics, covering simple robotics programming & electrical circuits
- Minicomputers, covering Assembly and systems programming
Aug 1998 - May 2000
- 7/09 - Present: Rockwell Collins/Technisource, Cedar Rapids, IA
Consultant. Working on DO-178B level B Formal Software Verification for the Canadian C-130 FMS Program. Work with Interleaf to write system test documents to test the system requirements specification. Executing manual tests on the SIL hotbench.
- 9/08 - 07/09: GE Aerospace (Smiths)/Technisource, Grand Rapids, MI
Consultant. Working with the Build/Integration Team on various home-grown build and test tools using C#, PHP, MySQL. Working on DO-178B level A requirements based testing.
- 10/07 - 7/08: Rockwell Collins/Technisource, Cedar Rapids, IA
Consultant. Working on DO-178B level A Formal Software Verification for the Airbus A380 AFDX Program. Work with Python, DOORs, WindRiver VisionICE, SingleStep, and additional network analysis tools.
- 6/05 - 8/07: Honeywell Aerospace, Albuquerque, NM
Software Engineer II. Worked on the military Flight Management System (FMS) team developing software requirements and designs using the Rational tool suite. Implemented designs and requirements with real-time applications in Ada.
- 6/04 - 8/04: Microsoft Corp., Redmond, WA
Summer Intern with the Exchange Server group. Worked on UI for the Exchange System Manager application. Utilized C# and the Microsoft .NET platform with Visual Studio and other Microsoft development tools.
- 6/00 - 8/02: Khoral Inc., Albuquerque, NM
Assistant to the IT Administrator. Wrote programs in perl, php tying in PostgreSQL database to an Apache Webserver.
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Ada83, Ada95, Greenhills, Rational, DOORS, C, C++, C#, .NET, HTML, PHP, Perl, SQL, Assembly, VB, Windows, Linux, UNIX, AHDL, Motorolla HC12 and HCS12 Microcontrollers.
10/04 Passing Score on the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
Available upon request.